Saturday, August 16

New(ish) Cricut Explore Electronic Die Cutting Machine

Having friends in high places (aka Amy Wanford), I was extremely fortunate to attend a marvelous event back in April, showcasing the (then still to be released) new Cricut Explore electronic die cutting machine.  It shames me to admit that I only opened the box of my complimentary (my opinions are my own etc.) machine 2 days ago but let me tell you, once I did - there was no stopping me!!

I am a complete technophobe so the prospect of trying out the machine for the first time was a little bit daunting but I needn't have worried - it really was quite simple and straightforward (and lots of fun!).

Used in conjunction with your PC, an abundance of design software (you can still use cartridges if you prefer) can be purchased on the Cricut website (prices starting at 79p) but I made all of the following projects using free (for 2 weeks after subscribing) Cricut software...



Cricut Explore: Roses & Leaves (300gsm Card)






Cricut Explore: Flowers & Leaves (300gsm Card) & Doily (Vinyl)

A summary of my favourite features:

  • Cuts a variety of mediums from card to fabric - simply turn a dial to select
  • Cuts cleanly
  • User friendly software
  • Cuts, scores and draws
  • All designs can be re-sized

Thank you so much for taking time out of your weekend to drop by on me today, I'm always thrilled to have your company ;) *mwah*

18 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW! You have been busy Stephanie! Great cards and so nice to see you finally got the machine out of the box! ;) xx

scrappyjacky said...

Particularly love the first card.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Seph
Fabulous cards... You have been busy
Hugs Sylvie xx

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

Looks like you've had loads of fun with it :-)

Neets B said...

Wow there really was no stopping you. Great cards and very you :) xx

Linny said...

Great ideas for cards and boxes. It took you a while to get out of the box didnt it! haha. Linda x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful cards Stephanie! I've only recently started using Silhouette and I'm having fun - I know I've only just touched the surface!

Claire Boyd said...

Really lovely collection of Christmas cards.... you've been so busy. I happen to be a huge fan of a different cutting machine, however, I generally feel that most of the machines out there at the moment open up a whole new world of possibilities & a whole new world of craft. Enjoy

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Write you've Been busy Stephanie. Stunning cards and each so unique. Xx

Cindy Lovell said...

These are all SO pretty,Stephanie!! I don't think i could have wait for so long to try it out! haha
But i love how you used it! Totaly love the floral silhouette card! Beautiful job,as always!!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous, glad you've had such fun with it :)

Leni said...

LOVE your cards! OOoh...I totally can understand how fun it is to play with your new Cricut. I am the owner of a Cricut Create, and when I am using it, it feels like I am a child playing, and than I feel so excited when there comes something beautiful out of the machine!
You can find some of my creations here:
http://www.paperandnature.blogspot.nl

Anja Curvers said...

Wow you have been busy and all cards are lovely as always.

Machin Stamps said...

Forget what I said before the sentiment is 'Flight of Fancy' der!

Louise said...

these are lovely. Me and technology don;t go well together so its good to hear you got on well with it.

Sarah said...

Simply stunning Stephanie.

Sarah x

magical said...

wow i am very jealous, i'm debating on whether or not to get one of these machines. Love your cards x

Debbie said...

Wow some fabulous makes.Glad you're enjoying using your new tool.Hugs x