Wednesday, April 16

Re-working It!!

After a few very hectic (but oh so enjoyable) weeks of full on fun with the children, I was in the mood to wind down with some stamping last night....my mojo however, was not cooperating so instead I reworked past cards (just ever so slightly lol) that I wasn't 100% happy with and here are the results....

(original here)
Supplies: Clearly Besotted 'Flutterby Dreams', 'Butterfly Wishes Additions' & 'Diagonal Stripes' (coming soon!) / Tools - Clearly Besotted Dies 'Tag Along Die Collection' & 'Butterfly Wishes Die Collection'

(original here)
Supplies: Clearly Besotted 'Flower Arrangement', 'Many Messages' & 'Diagonal Stripes' (coming soon!) 'Flower Arrangement Die Collection'

(original here)
Supplies: Clearly Besotted 'Paired Up', 'Framed Sentiments' & 'Diagonal Stripes' (coming soon!)

(original here)
Supplies: Clearly Besotted 'It's Your Birthday' & 'Say It In Style' / Tools - Clearly Besotted Dies 'Tag Along Die Collection' & 'It's Your Birthday Die Collection'

(original here)
Supplies: Clearly Besotted 'Building Blocks II', 'You Are' & 'For Everyone' / Pattern Paper - Echo Park 6x6 Pad 'Bundle of Joy Girl Dots & Stripes' / Tools - Clearly Besotted Dies 'You Are Die Collection'

(original here)
Supplies: Clearly Besotted 'It's Your Birthday' & 'You Are'

I can't say I prefer all the newer versions over the originals but I can say that I had so much fun and would recommend you all give it a try.....especially when the new ideas aren't flowing freely ;)

I'm off out now for a picnic in the park with the children, hope you have a marvellous Wednesday! x

17 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Great idea Stephanie. I've done this before too. I love all the re-worked cards -- and the originals too.

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

All beautifuls cards, but my top favorite is the engagement card with the two little birdies. Love it!

♥Gemma♥ said...

I must say i love them all...re-do's and originals!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Mandy said...

great idea Steph and ALL cards look fab!! xx

Marianne said...

great job Stephanie, I like them all, also th originals.

Anja (scrappie) said...

Great idea Stephanie although the originals were great too. Enjoy your picknick.

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great idea Stephanie. Seriously both versions are amazing, just like your cards always are!

scrappyjacky said...

Beautiful as always....love the first one.

Sue said...

They all look wonderful Stephanie. I love your designs and fabulous use of colours.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the Easter holidays.
Sue xx

Claire Boyd said...

I really like the colour combination on the last design. Enjoyed looking back at the originals too

Lindsey said...

This is such a fabulous idea! These cards turned out wonderful and I enjoyed looking at the originals (which were all pretty fantastic themselves), too. Usually I just try to forget my cards that I couldn't get "right", but I think if I set them aside a while I'd be emotionally separated enough (had enough time to forget the frustrations) to rework them. I can already think of a few cards I should give this a go on.

cm said...

How wonderful that you've been enjoying time with your children; our Spring breaks here are typically only 1 or 2 weeks, depending. Summer holidays will appear soon enough, though. Your cards - originals and remakes - are absolutely gorgeous! Your talents amazing; your creativity inspiring! Your signature style of transforming 'simple' to 'stunning' is so impressive! Love this gallery of beautiful artwork you've shared!
c

Cindy Lovell said...

I hope you had a great day at the park!!
All of these cards are stunning,Stephanie! Love the "older" ones as well! Great idea to recreated them!
By the way...i need these diagonal stripes!! :) ;)

vickiscraft said...

Great cards Steph, love them! xx

Elaine said...

Love these cards. Hope you have had fun with the children x

The Crafty Den said...

Wow you've only made slight changes but the new cards look so different. I love all the different versions. You are so clever x x

Carola said...

Stephanie, I like all of your re-worked cards with those pretty images and in the beautiful colours and I think they are as pretty as the originals. It's interesting to see how little changes give cards a completely different look. When I don't have new ideas I also re-work cards from time to time and that allows me to make new cards in short time as I don't have to think of a new idea *lol*.

I hope you had a nice picnic with your children.